Pages

Thursday 20 August 2020

I have a dream (Do I ?....)


Last year, around this time we had a speech competition. It was just 1 month after I came to New Zealand. When I heard about this I got really excited about it. It was because I have really changed since last year and I have said "GoodBye" to stage fright.

Before we get into all the deep learning and creating, we had a task to do to train our brain. In order to set up our mindset for speeches, we used the 6 tools in the Mental Toughness toolkit to create a motivational drawing of ourselves. Mental toughness tool kit is like tools that help you with mental toughness. 

These are the tools:- 

  • Positive thinking - Affirmations, thought stopping, self talk
  • Goal setting - Setting small goals and finishing it
  • Attentional control - managing interruptions, increasing    my attention span
  • Visualisation - intentional imaging
  • Anxiety control - controlled breathing, relaxation, distraction
  • Self awareness - reflection and feedback


 We used google drawings and my DLO is below - a visualisation of me during my speeches learning. MY dream for how it will all go... 



While I was creating this drawing I thought about how this is going to help me. Then I understood that if you are stuck with the speeches you could refer this drawing. The hardest part in the speeches would be to present it really well. But writing the speeches would be the easiest part. These tips can really help me because it matches with worries and problems really well. 

Do you have speeches at your school?
Are you good at it? (If you are then suggest me some tips in the comments below. It would really help me)
Did you like the little joke that I added in the drawing? (The bottom right one)

Anyway give me some tips in comment below. 

By the way you could use these sentence starters to make a quality comment...
  • Positive thinking:-  You are good at... / This is amazing because...
  • Thoughtful:- The facts that you have used is really good...
  • Helpful:- Next time you could...

And don't forget about a question at the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.