Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2020

Matariki...What is that? (The celebration of matariki)

Yes that is the question. What is Matariki? By the way if you know what it is comment down below right now. 

So what is Matariki? Matariki is a star cluster as well as a name of a period. It is also part of the Māori Lunar calendar. It is the beginning of a new year for the māori. Yes, it is different from our new year. It is celebrated between May and June. The timing of Matariki is different for each tribe. Here is a DLO about my learning. 


I really found the celebration of matariki interesting. Did you know that before? 

If I have missed something out, then please comment and let me know. What was the thing about matariki that fascinated you the most? 
For me it probably be the 'The start of matariki is a signal to start harvesting...'. 
Anyway that is it for today hope you liked it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.