Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

SLJ-1 (Day 1)

Hello bloggers. I am Albin and welcome to my summer learning blog. Today's activity is to find out a list of ten foods that I can take with me for my journey in boat, if I am a sailor. So here are the ten foods that I will take with me on a long journey on a boat. 

1. Apple

I choose this because it can stay without fridge for 2-3 weeks. And it also gives us energy. It is just like nature's candy. And by the way "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away."

2.Orange juice

An unopened Orange juice can stay about for 12 - 18 months! So i choose this. 

3.Potatoes

A potato can last without being in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. 

4.Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

This can last for about 2 weeks, so i kept it in my list. 

5.Coffee

I can store hot coffees in my flask if I want.  

6.Carrots

So Carrots can stay upto 2 weeks fresh without refrigerating.

7.Sweet potato 

Sweet potato is also in my list because this food last for about 2 weeks. 

8.Tomatoes

Tomatoes can last long to so I added it in my list. 

9.Garlic 

Garlic also last very long.

10.Honey

I added it because it sweet and there is no need of fridge for that.

So that is my list of food that I would take with me if I go on a long boring journey on a boat or a ship. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello Albin, its me Parwin! I see you are also doing the SLJ, the challenge is on!

    I like your list of items as you added why and you also included how long it would last without a fridge or why you chose it. I also like the quote that you added as well!

    This reminds me of when I did this and some of our things are pretty similar but also different, I had a lot of fruit and veges I think but I also had some chocolate too! How come you chose garlic? Doesn't garlic taste a bit bad by itself?

    I think that you did an awesome job but you forgot one of the O's for too because instead you wrote to for the number 8! You did an great job!'

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Parwin, It is me Albin.
      Thank you for writing a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment. By the way I added garlic because that is the only other food that last long. It could be helpful if the rest of the food supplies run out, then we can have this even though it tastes and smells gross.

      And by the way thank you for pointing out my mistake of the word "to".
      Kind regards
      Albin

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Albin, It's me Amelia.

    I liked the way how you have lots of pictures of the things on your list that you have chosen.

    This reminds me of my first blog in the SLJ because they are similar.

    To improve, you could always put it on a slide, explain the summer learning journey, and even make your own images.

    Are you having fun?

    Bye Albin, keep it up!

    -Amelia 🦊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amelia, its me Albin.
      Thank you for posting a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment. And thank you for suggesting the Idea of putting all the images together in a presentation.
      Kind Regards,
      Albin.

      Delete
  3. Morena Albin,

    Well done completing your first Summer Learning Journey blog post. I look forward to reading your posts over the summer holidays.

    I really like that you have included some eye catching images in your post, it makes it stand out to the reader. I would love to see you give image attribution a go next time to include with your images. Here is a great presentation that could help https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit#slide=id.g2c4e689b11_0_0

    I can see you have thought hard about including items that you don't need to keep refrigerated. An apple a day is a good one for a trip that long and potatoes is another good one as you can make lots of different things from potatoes.
    If you had to pick someone to go on your trip with you, who would it be?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Emma, it is me Albin.
    Thank you for posting a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment. I am really looking forward to find out who the winner of the summer learning journey is. Thank you for suggesting me a presentation that would help me in my future blogs. And about the question you asked, I guess I will just go with my family and friends. We can have lots with lot people.
    Kind regards,
    Albin.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.