Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Careers

Hello bloggers. This is Albin and today I will be showing you what we did for this week. 

So this week we were allowed to investigate a career. It was really fun doing that. On monday I investigated on the career pilot. I found out that to be a pilot we must pass a lot of test and have at least 200 hours of flight. So to be a pilot we have to study a lot. And flying a plane is not at all like flying a plane in a game. To have the full experience of a pilot try playing X plane 10. In that game you actually get to control all the buttons on a plane. It is available in both ios and android and it is completely free. So try playing that game and experience how pilots fly the plane. 

So i found out that after driving this extremely huge and complex machine a pilot earns $788400 per year! That is a lot of money. But sometimes it can be tiring. So here is a day in a life of a pilot that I wrote. 

A Day in the Life of a Pilot

I am going to fly my first airplane after 2 years of my training and 200 hours of flight even though the plane is running on autopilot most of the time. It is the landing. It is really hard, if you don’t believe me then try playing a pilot game like RFS. It is the part were most planes crash.  It is really exciting.I have to fly from christchurch to dunedin. The flight time is 8:30 to 9:35. SO to start I had to wake up at 6, get ready by 7 and leave by 7:30. I had to get to the airport an hour before take off. 
SO i have reached the airport. By the way I am not flying a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, on my on. I have a compainian, I mean a captain. I am a co-pilot. OS we got onto the plane and started the engine 15 minutes before take off so that it may get a boost. Everyone got ready. The engineers started checking the aircraft for any broken things. Then the fuel was refilled to the aircraft. The luggage was getting delivered to the plane. Meanwhile the crew members arrived as well as the passengers. By 8:20 everyone was ready. I got the permission for taxing to the runway. Then I checked whether the flaps were working, same with rudder and then we were ready to go. I got the permission for take off and off we go.

The captain reached the cruising altitude and turned on the autopilot. It was amazing. We also turned off the seat belt signs.         
*************************

That is it. I still need to complete it , so that it is a blog. Make sure to play X-Plane 10 and find out how a pilot flies a plane. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.