Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

SLJ-2(Day1)

Hello bloggers.
Nice meeting you again. It is me Albin here and welcome to my summer learning blog. This is my second summer learning blog. And this is also my second activity and today I will show you where I come from and what my culture is. And by the way read my first summer learning blog.   

So I come from another continent, Asia. In Asia I come from India. It is really a big country.  There are 29 states and 22 languages. I live in Kerala. It is in the southern side of the country. It is known for its spices. I live in the capital of the state, Trivandrum. There are a lot of cities. The cities may be small or crowded. By crowded I mean really crowded because it is the second most populous country. The image on the left is a street on the busiest city, Kolkata.  

So let me tell you some of our cultures. There is a festival called onam there. It is the harvest festival. There are a lot flowers and drawing in front of homes. There are competitions like boat races. It is an amazing festival.                   

The food that I eat consist of mainly a flatbread and some spicy, delicious curry. What we eat for flatbread is mainly steamed food. But our staple food is rice. The farmers there grow rice. The food there is very spicy and some people even eat raw chilli.   

We speak a language called Malayalam. Hindi is our national language but we also speak english. And the schools are very strict. The teachers there are very strict. We need to study a lot and do a lot of exams in the schools.  

So that is bloggers. And make sure to read my next summer learning blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Albin,

    Great work on another really well done Summer Learning Journey blog post.

    Wow, you have included so much information on your post so well done.
    You have described you home country really well and it sounds like lovely place. The Onam Festival sounds wonderful with all the colourful drawing and boat races.

    How long have you been in New Zealand for? Do you like it here?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emma. It is Albin here.

      Thank you for posting a really amazing comment. I am new to New Zealand. It has only been 4 months since I came here. I really like this place. Lot of new amazing places to see and visit. Lot of activities and sports to do here. It is really amazing here.

      Kind Regards,
      Albin.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.