Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

SLJ-2(day-1)week-4

Hello bloggers. I am Albin and welcome to my summer learning blog. Today's activity is : 
For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.

On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount.

So here is the english statement that i wrote:
Today I woke up late. After brushing my teeth I had my breakfast. Then I played some mobile games and after that I started writing my blog. 

And here is the shakespearean language.
The present day i did wake up late.  Aft'r brushing mine own teeth i hadst mine own breakfast.  Then i did play some mobile games and aft'r yond i did start writing mine own blog 

So that is it bloggers. See you on my next blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Albin, its me Parwin!

    Wow! The shakspearean english is very different and although some of the words are spelt similar, they are kind of different. Its cool how they say, the present day I woke up instead of today I woke up.

    This reminds me of when I did this except I wrote quite a lot and I kind of imagined people reading it and while I was reading yours, I kind of imagined it differently. Like I imagined it being read in a different voice and accent.

    I think that to improve, maybe you could explain what the SLJ is for those whod don't know what it was.

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Albin,

    Congratulations on completing another activity. I'm always so impressed when I pop in to have a look at Yaldhurst learner blogs and I see how many posts you've done - he whetū koe! :) (You're a star!)

    Shakespearean English can be quite tricky to read, can't it? Imagine having to speak it! Do you think you'd be able to talk like that all the time? I'm not sure that I would.

    Have a great day, Albin. I look forward to reading more posts from you soon. :)

    Until then, happy blogging!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.